Marco PLATANIAResearcher of APPLIED ECONOMICS [SECS-P/06]
Phone: +39 095 2508074
Office Hours: Monday from 17:00 to 19:00 Palazzo Ingrassia | Friday from 08:30 to 10:00 Palazzo Ingrassia
University of Catania - Ph.D. Agricultural Economics (2000)
University of Catania - University degree in Economics (1995)
Lecturer at University of Catania (Italy) (2008 still now)
Lecturer at University of Reggio Calabria (Italy) (2004 to 2008)
Visiting Ph.D student at the Department of Economics and Management (1998), Wageningen Agricultural University, Holland
Visiting professor presso l'Università “Ismail Qemali” of Vlora (Albania)
Visiting Research Fellow presso l'Università di Winchester (UK)
Teaching experience gained during the PhD course
- University of Catania, Italy (from 1999 to 2000)
Faculty of Economics
Agricultural policy and public policies for the promotion of agricultural products; Agricultural policy and agricultural marketing; Community agricultural policy; Agricultural Economics and Politics II
Teaching experience as Lecturer
- University “Mediterranea” of Reggio Calabria, Italy (from 2004 to 2008)
Faculty of Agriculture: Agricultural Planning (50 hours), Marketing of agricultural products (4 CFU), Theory and models of food consumption (4 CFU), Agriculture and Economic Development (4 CFU) and Institutions of Agricultural Economics (4 CFU);
Faculty of Law: Agricultural Economics and Policy (5 CFU), Agri-Industrial Economics (5 CFU).
- University of Catania, Italy (from 2008 still now):
2008-2009 and 2009-2010: Economics of Agricultural Markets (6 CFU)
2008-2009 and 2010-2011: Economics and Business Management 1 (6 CFU)
2009-2010 and 2010-2011: General and Applied Economics (8 CFU)
2011-2012 and 2012-2013: Economics geography of tourism (6 CFU)
2013-2014: Economics of tourism businesses (8 CFU)
2014 still now: Tourism Economics (8 CFU)
- University of Bucharest (RO) (Erasmus mobility)
2018: Tourism economics
Teaching experience in master courses
2011: "Economics of Education" (40 hours), National University Master’s degree for the Management of School Institutes (MUNDIS) – CRUI (Conference of Italian University Rectors), University of Catania.
2012 and 2013: "Economic development” (10 hours), Master's Degree in "Job Placement Expert ", University of Catania.
2013 and 2014: “Tourism economy”, “Cultural tourism”, “Culture, tourism and district economies” in master’s degree in "Cultural tourism" Edoardo Garrone Foundation and University of Catania,
2017: “Regional marketing” in the Master in "Public Management of Local Development", University of Catania
2017: University of Winchester (UK), Research and Knowledge Exchange (RKE) seminar series
2018: Congreso Internacional Patios de Córdoba, patrimonio cultural, ciudad y turismo sostenible”, Córdoba (Spain), 14 - 16 novembre 2018.
- Reviewer for "Agriregionieuropa" Journal; Rivista di Sostenibilità; American Journal of Economics; Journal Economics of Agriculture; Italian Journal of Applied Statistics; Rivista Internazionale Interdisciplinare Online Agribusiness Paesaggio & Ambiente (AP&A); British Journal of Economics, Management & Trade; Current Issue in Tourism; Sustainability; International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health; Urban Science
- Scientific Comittee for the international conference "International Advanced Workshop on Information and Communication Technologies for Sustainable Agro-production and Environment (AWICTSAE 2008)"
- Scientific Comittee for “Congreso Internacional Patios de Córdoba, patrimonio cultural, ciudad y turismo sostenible”, Córdoba (Spain), 14 - 16 novembre 2018.
- Reviewer for the Italian Government (Ministry of Education, Universities and Research) for the evaluation of some PRIN project (Research project of relevant national interest)
- Reviewer and component of the editorial board of the "American Journal of Economics" published by Scientific & Academic Publishing (SAP)
- Advisory Board of Romanian Journal of Regional Science
Some of the examining carried out: Universities of Reggio Calabria (Italy), “Agricultural economics”. University of Catania (Italy) “Local development”.
AISRE (Italian Association of regional Science)
SISTUR (Italian Association of Tourism Science)
RSA (Regional Science Association)
view the publications
- A.Y. 2019/2020 - Basic Degree in Tourism - 2 Year
ECONOMIA DEL TURISMO
- A.Y. 2018/2019 - Basic Degree in Tourism - 2 Year
- A.Y. 2017/2018 - Basic Degree in Tourism - 2 Year
- A.Y. 2016/2017 - Basic Degree in Tourism - 2 Year
- A.Y. 2015/2016 - Basic Degree in Tourism - 2 Year
Insegnamenti tenuti presso altri dipartimenti
- DIPARTIMENTO DI SCIENZE MEDICHE, CHIRURGICHE E TECNOLOGIE AVANZATE G.F. INGRASSIA
A.Y. 2019/2020 - Corso di laurea magistrale in Health Professions of Rehabilitation Sciences - 2 Year
ECONOMIA E DIRITTO
- DIPARTIMENTO DI SCIENZE UMANISTICHE
A.Y. 2019/2020 - Corso di laurea in Sciences and languages for communication - 2 Year
Research projects (last five years)
- 2018: “CORtesanías. El sector artesanal en la provincia de Córdoba: patrimonio cultural, desarrollo socioeconómico y gobernanza democrática”, dell'Università di Cordoba - programma operativo FESR Andalusia 2014-2018.
- 2017: The entrepreneurship between Psycap and socio-economic context, University of Catania
- 2014: Economic resilience of the firms and of the region, University of Catania, Italy
Last update: 10/06/2019