Roberta PIAZZAProfessor of THEORIES AND SCIENCE OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL EDUCATION [M-PED/01]
Office Hours: Tuesday from 11:00 to 12:00 | Wednesday from 10:00 to 11:00
Roberta Piazza is Full Professor of Education at the University of Catania, Department of Science of Education. She teaches Pedagogy and Adult Education.
She is coordinator of the degree course in Educational Sciences (2018-) and president of the University Research Centre on Community Engagement, CUrE. She was vice-Rector for Continuing Education and Lifelong learning (2017-2019).
- Post Grant PhD in Education, University of Catania, 2002-2003.
- Ph.D. in Education, University of Naples, 2002.
- Ed.S degree in Design and evaluation of educational processes, University of Naples, 1997.
- Ed.S degree in Special education for disabled students in the Secondary Schools, University of Naples, 1993.
- Ed. S. Degree in Methods of school evaluation, University of Roma “La Sapienza”, 1990.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Classical Humanities, University of Naples (Italy), 1988 (summa cum laude).
Academic and professional work experiences
- Coordinator of teaching activities of the degree course in Educational Sciences (L-19) (July 2018-)
- Rector’s Delegate for Continuing Education and Lifelong learning (October 2017- June 2019)
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the first Continuing Education Programme for Faculty of the University of Catania. The project has been funded by the National Ministry of University and Research (2017-2019)
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Continuing education course for managers and school teachers in Multicultural Education (founded by the Ministry of Education) (2017-2018)
- Director of the University Research Centre on Community Engagement - Cure (Community University Research Engagement) (http://www.cure.unict.it) (2016-)
- External examiner for the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Professional and Vocational Education) Faculty of Education and Human Development, University of Hong Kong, 2018-19, 2019-20
- Appointed as quality assurance evaluator on a national level for undergraduate and post graduate programs in Education by the National Agency of University Evaluation (ANVUR) (2017-).
- Appointed as an expert for the evaluation of Third Mission activities by the National Agency of University Evaluation (ANVUR) (2017-).
- Scientific referee for the recognition of competences in training courses funded by Fondimpresa (established by National Trade Unions): E.T.N.A. project (Education and Training for new business competences, 2014) and INALTO project (Innovation for companies and workers, 2015)
- Chair of University Committee for Validation of Competences (EDILSAFE Project) (2013-4)
- Coordinator of Erasmus activities of the Department of Educational Sciences, University of Catania (2014-2017) and responsible for the Erasmus agreements with the University of Glasgow (2011-2013), Granada (2015-2021), Leipzig (2015-), University of Lower Silesia (2016-)
- Project manager and coordinator of University Postgraduate course in Expert in Job Placement Services, founded by European Social Founds (two editions) (2011-2012, 2013-2014) (356.248,32 euro)
- Member of PHD school in Cultural heritage, education and local development (University of Rome, Tor Vergata) (2017-2018); member of PHD school in Humanities (University of Rome, Tor Vergata) (2012-2017); member of international PHD school in Education (University of Rome, Tor Vergata and University of Granada, Spain) (2007-2012)
- Member of Executive board of Carip (Center for Continuing Education) of the University of Catania (now CAPITT) (2006-2011)
- Associate Professor of Social Pedagogy and Adult Education (2006-2017)
- Researcher of Education at the University of Catania (2004-2006)
- Tutor in training course for local authorities administrative staff (University of Naples, 1999/2000)
- Tutor and trainer in training course for school manager (University of Rome, 1998/99)
- Trainer in European training project for 'Street workers' (University of Naples, 1997/1998)
- Public High School Teacher of Italian, Latin, History and Geography (1993-2004)
- Primary Public School Teacher (1991-1993)
- Private High School Teacher of Italian, History and Geography (1988-1991)
Membership of Editorial Boards
- Member of the book series Nuove Soggettività Adulte, directed by Micaela Castiglioni (Unicopli - Milan) (2018-)
- Member of the Journal Scientific board LLL - Focus on Lifelong Lifewide Learning (2016-) http://www.edaforum.it/ojs/index.php/LLL/pages/view/Redazione
- Member of the Journal Scientific board JACE, Journal of Adult and Continuing Education (2016-) https://uk.sagepub.com/en-gb/eur/journal-of-adult-and-continuing-education/journal202519 - editorial-board
- Member of the Journal Editorial board of the book series CHIRONE. Processi e progetti educativi e di sviluppo nelle differenti età e nei diversi contesti di vita, directed by Liliana Dozza e Isabella Loiodice (Junior-Bergamo Publishers) (2014-)
- Director of the book series Learning Culture. Collana di studi e ricerche sul Lifelong learning (ARACNE Publisher) (2013-)-) http://www.aracneeditrice.it/aracneweb/index.php/collana.html?col=LEARN
- Member of the Journal Editorial board I problemi della pedagogia (2012-)
- Peer reviewer of Educational, Cultural and Psychological Studies (ECPs Journal) (2012-)
- Member of the Journal Editorial board Scuol@Europa, Organo della Federazione nazionale Insegnanti Centro di Iniziative per l’Europa (2011-)
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the book H. Schuetze, P. Inman (eds), Community Engagement and Service: The Third Mission of Universities, Leicester, NIACE, 2010.
- Member of the Journal Editorial board of Bollettino d’Ateneo (Athanaeum Journal) (2007-2010)
- Member of the Journal Editorial board Annali della Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione (2009-)
- Pascal Observatory (Place management, Social Capital and Learning Region, www.pascalobservatory.org) associate (July 2008-), member of the Advisory Council Board (2013-) Associate Director in Europe (2014-)
- Member of Italian association of pedagogy (SIPED)
- Member of Italian association of educational research (SIRD) (2006-2015)
- Member of Italian association of historical research in education (CIRSE)(2012-2016)
- Member of the Apulia Consultative Development Group (from 20th to 22nd of April 2009 and from 3th to 5th of May 2010) of the PURE project (http://pascalobservatory.org/projects/current/pure) managed by Observatory Pascal
- Member of the national research group, coordinated by ISFOL (National Institute for Training), about University Job Placement Services in the Italian Southern Universities (2011)
view the publications
PARTECIPATION IN NATIONAL AND EUROPEAN RESEARCH PROJECT
- Coordinator of the local unit (2020-2023) J. Monnet networks Social and scientific innovation to achieve the sustainable development goals 620739-EPP-1-2020-1-AU-EPPJMO-NETWORK. Grant 375.000 euro
- Coordinator of the local unit of the project REMix The University as an advocate for responsible education about migration in Europe (ERASMUS + 2018-1-IS01-KA3-038813)
- Coordinator of the local unit of the national project POT Piani per l’orientamento e il tutorato 2017 - 2018 (Project for guidance and tutorship 2017-2018) Scuola, università e imprese. Azioni per supportare il successo universitario e professionale (School, university and businesses. Actions to support university and professional success) (20.000 euros) (April-December 2019)
- Coordinator of the local unit in Erasmus + KA2, The Unteachables- Helping the new generations of school teachers turn increasingly unteachable young students into young learnables (Project 2018-1-DK01-KA203-047061) (2018-2020).
- Member of the team of the international research project Promoting Community Engagement for Vocational and Professional Education and Training, finanziato da UK’s Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), Impact Acceleration Grant (IAA), ES/M500471/1
- Associate partner in Erasmus + KA3 – Initiatives for policy innovation - Social inclusion through education, training and youth VINCE, Validation for inclusion of new citizens of Europe, 580329-EPP-1-2016-1-BE-EPPKA3-IPI-SOC-IN (2016-2019)
- University of Catania Grant to support research activities on the topic of guidance and competences recognition for refugees and immigrants (2017) (10.000 euros) (http://ws1.unict.it/albo/files/2154958_94300.PDF)
- Coordinator of the local unit in Erasmus + KA3 – Support for Policy Reform VET-Business Partnerships on Work-based learning and Apprenticeships, Refining Higher Education Apprenticeships with Enterprises in Europe (2017-2019) http://www.eucen.eu/post/apprent (585163-EPP-1-2017-1-BE-EPPKA3-VET-APPREN)
- Coordinator of the local unit in Erasmus + Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices, Qualifications Framework as Platform for the development of learning outcomes based curriculum (QFP) (2016-2019) (https://qfp.ba/) (34.167.000 euros)
- Coordinator of FIR project 2014 (University fundS) Developing learning cities. Indicators for evaluating Third Mission activities (fifth best project in the Humanities and Social sciences area, 25.000 euros)
- Coordinator of the local unit in ERASMUS ACADEMIC NETWORK, Network for Innovation in Career Guidance & Counselling in Europe NICE2 (2012-2014) (7.748.000 euros)
- Member of the team of national research project (PRIN 2012), titled Successo formativo, inclusione e coesione sociale: strategie innovative, ITC e modelli valutativi (Educational success, social inclusion and cohesion: innovative strategies, ICT and assessment models) 36 months
- Coordinator of the local unit in the Leonardo Da Vinci project (2008-2010) Expertising and Sharing Lifelong Guidance for the Placement (2008-1-IT1-LEO05-00055) (selected as one of the best project financed in 2008 - topic New skills and new jobs http://ec.europa.eu/education/leonardo-da-vinci/doc/best/skills08_en.pdf)
- Member of the team of Socrates Grundtvig PenR3L, PASCAL European Network of Regions of LifeLong Learning (2006-2008) DISSEMINATION PROJECT - 225754-CP-1-2005-1-UK-GRUNDTVIG-G12
- Member of the team of international research Lilara (Learning in Local and Regional Authorities), 225754-CP-1-2005-1-UK-GRUNDTVIG-G12) (2005-2007)
- Member of the team of National Research Project approved and financed (PRIN 2005) titled Adult education between the two world wars (12 months)
- Member of the team of international research INDICATORS (Developing and testing indicators for monitoring and measuring stakeholder organisations in Learning Cities and Region), 02-EUR01-S2G02-00017-1 (2004-2006)
- Member of the team of National Research Project approved and financed (PRIN 2003/04) titled La formazione della gioventù italiana tra le due guerre mondiali per la costruzione dell’identità nazionale, School Education between the two world wars (12 months)