The history of the Department of Educational Sciences at the University of Catania had its institutional foundation as the “Istituto Universitario di Magistero” in 1949.
In 1990, the private “Magistero” became a public institution, integrated into the University as the tenth Faculty. In 1993, the graduate degree in Pedagogy was converted into the Science of Education degree, confirming its definitive organizational status in the Faculty itself.
Finally, in 1995, the latest institutional change: The “Faculty of Magistero” become integrated into the Faculty of Educational Science, no longer only organized for teachers' preparation but also for creating new professional-level opportunities for qualified educators in diverse social sectors, not only traditional schools.
Initiating in the academic years 2001/2002, a radical change was introduced in course implementation, also for the preparation of qualified professionals in the fields of Tourism and Psychology.
No front page content has been created yet.