INFORMATICA PER L'ORGANIZZAZIONE DEI SERVIZI TURISTICIAcademic Year 2023/2024 - Teacher: DIEGO CARMINE SINITO'
Expected Learning Outcomes
Attendance of Lessons
Detailed Course Content
- Understanding of computer principles: Students must acquire a basic understanding of computer theory, key concepts, networks and computer technology.
- Mastery of technical skills: Students must learn to use computer tools and software, including operating systems, office software and specialised applications.
- Data management: Students must learn to manage and analyse data, including databases, spreadsheets and data visualisation tools.
- Computer security: Students must understand the importance of computer security in the tourism industry and learn how to protect sensitive customer and company data.
- Knowledge of specialised IT tools: Students must learn how to use a range of IT tools used in tourism service management, photo and video editing tools, hotel management software, online booking systems, tourism service management applications, etc.
- Knowledge of trends and emerging technologies: Students should be aware of the latest trends and emerging technologies in information technology and how these can be applied in the relevant industry.
Learning Assessment Procedures
Examples of frequently asked questions and / or exercises
What does an operating system do in a computer?
a) Performs mathematical calculations
b) Manages computer hardware and resources
c) Processes text and documents
d) Connects the computer to the Internet
What are the main components of an email address?
a) First and last name
b) Telephone number and address
c) Username and domain name
d) Username and Internet provider name
Which file format is widely used for high-quality video compression?
What are some of the typical functionalities of a web server?
a) Process users data
b) Running mobile applications
c) Store text files
d) Handling HTTP requests
What is the main goal of virtual reality?
a) To completely replace physical reality with a digital world
b) Enhancing the experience of the real world with digital elements
c) Create an offline gaming experience
d) Provide an accurate visual representation of the physical world
Which of the following network devices operates at the data link layer of the OSI model and forwards packets based on MAC addresses?
d) Access Point
What is a firewall in computer networks?
a) A device that increases the speed of the Internet connection
b) A system that protects a network by limiting unauthorised access
c) A software for sharing files on a network
d) A physical or virtual device that manages incoming or outgoing network traffic
What does the acronym 'VPN' stand for in computer science?
a) Fast Browsing Protocol
b) Virtual Private Network
c) Voice and Data Network
d) Virtual Personal Net
What does the acronym 'DNS' represent in relation to the operation of a web server?
a) Domain Name System
b) Dynamic Network Server
c) Data Network Storage
d) Directory Name Service