PEDAGOGIA SPECIALEAcademic Year 2023/2024 - Teacher: PAOLINA MULE'
Expected Learning Outcomes
The course aims to offer a theoretical and practical framework of special pedagogy, as a body of unavoidable knowledge for reflection on education and inclusive training for each and every one. Furthermore, it aims to make students acquire the teaching tools to design inclusive educated interventions in school and extra-curricular contexts.
The lessons will be carried out through a "mixed" methodology of a frontal and laboratory nature in the classroom through the active and collaborative participation of the students.
Know the basic elements that characterize special pedagogy in relation to its specific object of investigation and the methodologies underlying it.
Attendance of Lessons
Detailed Course Content
- Presentation of the course and meaning of the specific object of investigation of the special pedagogy;
- Epistemological debate between school and disability in special pedagogy;
- From emendative pedagogy to special pedagogy;
- Semantic reflection and reference integration / inclusion models;
- National and international legislation on special pedagogy;
- Disability and the role of the family;
- The life plan of the disabled student;
- Education in autonomy and the social and work integration of the disabled;
- Self development and identity formation;
- The affective-relational dynamics in learning processes;
- Special didactics in inclusive schools;
- Profile and skills of the inclusive teacher;
- Cottini L. Didattica Speciale e inclusione scolastica, Carocci, Roma 2019, pp. 1-394;
- Mulè P. (a cura di). Alternanza formativa e identità professionale dei disabili di scuola secondaria di II grado. Un'indagine esplorativa, Cooperativa Sociale Ragazzi in Volo, Ragusa 2018, pp. 1-123;
Learning Assessment Procedures
The verification of learning, aimed at ascertaining the acquisition of the disciplinary contents and their operational application, will be carried out in written form through the administration of structured and free items (questions). The written test must be completed in a pre-established time. Attending students will have the opportunity to carry out tests in progress, in laboratory mode.
Examples of frequently asked questions and / or exercises
- Know the fundamentals of special pedagogy;
- Know the transition from emendative pedagogy to special pedagogy;
- Know the main reference scholars;
- Know the BES and the reference standards;
- Know the elements of Inclusive Education.