Federica Claudia ABRAMO
Federica Abramo is an Adjunct Lecturer in German Language at the Department of Education Sciences (UniCT), the Department of Humanities (UniCT) and the University Suor Orsola Benincasa of Naples. In 2021 she obtained her PhD in Text Forms (XXXI° cycle) at the University of Trento with a dissertation on the representations of the body-mind relationship in the short stories of the late German author E.T.A. Hoffmann, under the supervision of Prof. Alessandro Fambrini. Her research interests include: the relationship between literature, philosophy and science in the late 18th and early 19th century; romantic literature and medicine; experimental didactics of German language and literature; language, literature and science; embodied cognition; cognitive literary criticism.
She conducted a research period at the Freie Universität Berlin in collaboration with the D.I.N.E. Lab (Language of emotions) cluster of excellence for research on the processes of reading and understanding poetic text, under the supervision of Prof. Arthur M. Jacobs.
She collaborated with the WG 3 group of the COST E-READ (http://ereadcost.eu/), dedicated to the understanding of reading processes in the transition from analogue to digital, directed by Prof. Anne Mangen.
She is a member and web content manager of the interdepartmental research centre NEWHUMS - Neurocognitive and Humanistic Studies and of the editorial board of the Wunderkammer series for the publishing house Mimesis (Milan). She has organised and participated as a speaker at various national and international conferences.
- Federica Claudia Abramo, Parole della scienza vs parole della natura. Medicina e società nel racconto Die Genesung (1822), in «links», vol. 22 (in corso di stampa).
- Federica Claudia Abramo, Woyzeck and the Horse: Human and Animal in the Biopolitical Framework, in Lorella Bosco e Micaela Latini (a cura di), Animal and Humans in German Literature, 1800-2000: Exploring the Great Divide, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, New Castle 2020, pp. 63-76.
- Federica Claudia Abramo, Renata Gambino, Grazia Pulvirenti, Il viaggio della Penthesilea di Heinrich von Kleist da Dresda a Weimar, in «Cultura Tedesca», vol. 53, 2017, pp. 109-142.
- Federica Claudia Abramo, Renata Gambino, Grazia Pulvirenti, Cognitive literary Anthropology and Neurohermeneutics. A theoretical proposal, in «Enthymema», XVIII, 2017, pp. 44 – 62.
- Grazia Pulvirenti, Federica Abramo, Salvatore Arcidiacono, Un Totentanz senza tempo. Archetipi e pathos fra Woyzeck e Wozzeck, in «Cultura tedesca», vol. 42/43, 2012, pp. 59 – 72. ISSN: 1720-51 4X.
Academic Year 2021/2022
Relationship between literature, language and cognitive science; experimental didactics of German language and literature; writings of the fantastic between the late 18th and early 19th centuries; Romantic literature and medicine; literature and science; embodied cognition; cognitive literary criticism.
Web Content Manager for the NeuroHumanitieStudies platform (www.neurohumanities.eu)